This Home is no longer for sale, but we are keeping this page around in case we change our mind, but at this point we have no plans to move.
This Victorian beauty looks as good today as when it was built in 1897. You have all the charm of an old home, but all the comfort and convenience of all-new construction. The house was completely remodeld in 2006, including all new plumbing and electrical. Some of the other features you will find:
• All new kitchen with Soapstone island and tons of cabinets.
• In the kitchen/family room is a cozy gas-flame indoor-outdoor fireplace. It’s toasty warm inside in the winter. Outside if you are sitting on the deck in the Spring or the Fall, the fireplace is just right to take off the chill if it gets cool.
• A wood-burning fireplace in the living room is surrounded by original tile work and built-in book cases.
• In addition to the hugemongous living-dining room, family room and kitchen, there's a room that will work great as either a home office or a playroom and a half-bath on the first floor.
• Three roomy bedrooms upstairs, each with a walk-in closet.
• Two full bathrooms and a laundry room, all upstairs. That's right, the laundry is upstairs, so no more trips up and down stairs with a full laundry basket.
• The master bath has jet stream tub and separate enclosed steam shower with a bench inside the shower. Ahhhhhhhhh.
• Both bathrooms have radiant heat in the floor. No cold toes in the winter!
• All this talk about warmth, and no mention of cool: This house does have central air conditioning.
• Home office, family room, and all bedrooms are wired for cable and internet.
• New double-paned Marvin windows with warm wood on the inside.
• Original 1897 stained-glass windows were recently restored.
• Out the kitchen you'll find a huge and magnificent deck made of Cumaru, a Brazilian hardwood that will last 50 years. This is where you get to enjoy the other side of the inside-outside fireplace.
• A playhouse sits next to the deck, but it's not attached so if you want it moved or removed, no problem. If you do have kids or want to have kids over, though, they'll build many fond memories in this double-deckered clubhouse with a play area and a small porch on top and an enormous sand box below.
• Two-car garage with working automatic opener and a handy 6-by-12 TuffShed next to the house.